BBS Ltd, Unit B, Grovebell Industrial Estate, Wrecclesham Road, Farnham, Surrey, GU10 4PL. Company No. 2747961 | Vat Registration Number 591 8084 13
Magimix Food processor Motor
Manufactured in France all Magimix Food processors (le mini mini plus - Compact 2100 3100 3150 3200 3200 XL - Cuisine Systeme 4000 4100 4150 4200 4200 XL - Cuisine Systeme 5000 5100 5200 5200 XL come equipped with a powerful, ultra quiet commercial grade induction motor that bears a 30-year guarantee*.
All parts & accessories are also made in France.
What is an Induction Motor?
An induction motor is a commonly used AC electric motor, especially in washing machines and industrial processes where the user needs longevity and reliability. Brushless motors have no gear box or belts ensuring longer service lives. They are cleaner and quieter because they do not have parts the rub or wear during use. Magimix has always boasted an industrial-grade, direct-drive induction motor, the type that automatically adjusts its power to the task in hand. The motor is guaranteed for 30 years*. The original R1, in family use, have so far lasted for more than 50 years.
You can test your Magimix Motor Base, without any bowls or attachments -
- Plug in the machine and turn on at the wall, push the ON / Auto button
- From the ON button go up and across the top and you will see a round hole, keeping hands away from the Spindle, push a pencil in the little hole and the Machine should start.
- When the Bowls and lids are put together, off the machine, the bowl rod should come out of the bottom of the handle (this is the same as sticking a pencil in the hole) if the rod does not come out, the lid or bowl maybe broken, (or in XL models you have not put the pusher in the XL lid).
A start capacitor alters the current to one or more winding of a single phase A.C. Induction motor to create a rotating magnetic field. If your motor is just Humming and not going round, it could be the start capacitor. You may need a service agent or competent person to change.
*This guarantee does not cover any damage resulting from :
- A fall or impact Incorrect handling not in compliance with the instructions for use
- Insufficient aftercare or cleaning
- The product being connected to an electrical power supply with a voltage different to that shown on the identification plate
- External events (fire, flood, etc.)
- Commercial use (including small offices)
Magimix's early experience in professional kitchen equipment has taught them the importance of designing simple, efficient, durable products. They pay particular attention to the quality of the materials and components used to ensure that all their domestic appliances are built to last at least ten years, when used for domestic purposes. Thus, all the food processor, blender and juicer motors are guaranteed for 30 years*. The longevity of our products ensures less waste is generated therefore less strain is put on natural resources.
(C) BBS Ltd - 01252 727755